Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #521 Pump supplies minimed

Thanks for this:
In message <001601c39003$cf002260$email @ redacted>, fiona.stoate
<email @ redacted> writes
>The Paradigm allows you to set X3 different basal programmes and then you
>can change basal programme up or down by 0.1u/hr as temporary basal over
>anything from 1/2 hour to 24 hours.

I think the Disetronic would suit me better than this, as I have wildly
differing basal needs (varies from 0.9u/hr to 0.1u/hr - putting up by
0.1u/hr will have little effect on the 0.9u/hr time (when I am most
insulin resistant, too...) but send me hypo during the 0.1/hr time.  It
is one of my problems with the 508.  If I need a little more insulin to
fight an infection, for example, I do have a 'high basal' pattern (also
have a 'low' one for the 24 hrs after exercise), but this ranges from
1.2 u/hr to 0.2u/hr, and the 0.2 can be a killer, especially if I feel
better at that point (the afternoon).  So I tend not to use the 'high
basal' pattern until several days after it was actually needed.  I
would, however, feel more confident, and I think use, the ability to put
up the basal by a small percentage...

Best wishes,

(dm 30_, 508 2+, just thought of another problem with the 508; to my
poor eyesight 'Pattern A' and 'Pattern B' look identical - why couldn't
they have called them by three distinctly different looking words
('Normal/Dual/Square' works great for boluses, for example).

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)