[IPk] DUK support weekend and insulin pumps

 Just thought that I would say that we attended a DUK family support weekend
last week and we did get to
 meet and talk to a pump user. It wasn't a scheduled talk. We had a doctor
called Hugh Davis give a talk
 entitled "What does the future hold" there were a few other doctors that turned
up during the weekend, to
 observe I think, they weren't listed as helpers. Anyway on the last day a young
woman called Rachel
 turned up and as she was the only pumper there (as far as I know) Dr Hugh
Davis, who admitted that he
 didn't realy have extensive knowledge about pumps) asked her to come and talk
about it. She was also a
 doctor and had had diabetes since she was a child. She eventually moved on to a
pump when it was
 suggested by her diabetes team, as she was having problems getting good control
working shifts as an
 SHO. She was a lovely, bouncy, outgoing, person and gave a very good talk about
the pros and cons of
pumping.  There were a lot of people interested in what she said.

 Just thought I'd tell people, as I know there was dismay at the lack of
discussions about pumps at other
DUK family weekends from parents who attended other venues last year.

Jackie Jacombs