Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou

Pat,

It is just the general counting process ,  going back to school!!!! I
have found a few useful sites in the USA, but it seems that I eat unusual
combinations..Also still getting the basal rates adjusted, but getting
there.. I am sure that I will get the thing under control over the next
few weeks, but any useul guidlines would be appreciated.One happy pumper
though it is great!

regards

email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou
>Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:23:45 +0100 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or
more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can
continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Hi Tony, >
>Having started out counting carbohydrates over 30 years ago, and
>steadfastly ignoring all advice from so-called experts that it was
>'passe' and better things were available, I didn't have a problem with
>it. > >What is particularly difficult for you? Take this evening's meal
- what >has caused you problems? > >Cheers, > >Pat >(dm 30+, 508 2+) > >
>In message , Anthony Bates > writes > >Interesting to note that there
are different opinions with regard to the > >pumps available. > > > >I
have recently gone for the Meditronic Paradigm, 10 days and counting,I >
>find the menu fairly easy to use but still getting my carb count is a >
>nightmare. > > > >I am hoping to set up a pump user group for the
midlands area, so if > >there any other pumps users in the location let
me know. > > > >I would also be interested in feedback on how people find
the pump being > >a new user. > > > >cheers Tony > > > > > > > >>From:
John Neale >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To: >
>email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou >
>>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:30:50 +0200 > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible > >by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10,
$25, or > >more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin
Pumpers can > >continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes
community. Please > >visit: > >
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual >
>contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > >I wonder
> >if the person who is so fed up with the Disetronic pump could > >swap
> >with me? I would prefer the Disetronic, even if the service is as >
>bad, > >because I would find the ability to set the basal pattern (as >
>opposed > >to flat rate) temporarily higher or lower. > >So it seems we
break into 4 > >groups: >* Those who use Disetronic pumps, and like
Disetronic. >* Those > >who use Disetronic pumps, and hate Disetronic. >*
Those who use MiniMed > >pumps, and like MiniMed. >* Those who use
MiniMed pumps, and hate > >MiniMed. > >Take your choice :-) > >A British
friend of mine who also > >happened to be living in Germany, was put >on
a MiniMed 508 pump, and had > >such appalling problems both with the pump
>and with MiniMed's German > >office that she gave up and is now on a
>Disetronic pump (and living back > >in England). > >And a Canadian
friend tells me Disetronic pumps are no > >longer being sold in >Canada
due to safety problems. But there are a lot > >more pump manufacturers
>licenced to sell pumps in America - quick look > >at the Insulin Pumpers
US >website shows Animas, Dana Diabecare, Deltec > >Cozmo, Disetronic,
Medtronic >MiniMed and Nipro Amigo. I believe only > >MiniMed and
Disetronic sell pumps >in the UK, since you need a proper > >support
network set up in order to enter >a market. Perhaps there's a > >nice
business opportunity waiting for someone >there... > >John > >-- >