Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou

I belive that CMR are putting together a research on the available pumps
as I believe you stated earlier.The only downside is that they want 4.5k
for it,,

I have had a meditronic for a few days now but are also looking at a
disitronic,I think you are correct it is all down to personnel
requirements.I am starting to look at the funding issues and have just
recieved a copy of the local development plan from the regional PCT and
to my horror there is no Diabetes funding provisions, I knew it would be
an uphill battle but we shall just have to see

email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou
>Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:15:33 +0200 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or
more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can
continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > >If there
are 20 people using Disetronic, and 18 like it and 2 don't, and > >100
people using Minimed, and 18 like it, and 72 don't, which pump would >
>you recommend to a friend? > >Well, I wouldn't recommend anything to a
friend. The friend might be one >the 18/20 who like Disetronic, or one of
the 72/100 who don't like the >MiniMed. I cannot know. I cannot predict.
Everyone's individual opinion is >valid. That's why we should each find
out for ourselves which pump suits >our own lifestyle better. I found it
curious that someone's hospital were >going to chose the pump and model
for them. The hospital is not going to be >attached to the pump nearly 24
hours a day for the next 10 years. That >honour lies with the patient. If
the patient prefers the angles on the >cover of one pump, or the feel of
the buttons on another, that is their own >personal preference. A
hospital shouldn't, I believe, impose such >decisions. Help guide the
patient, yes - but ultimately let the patient >choose. I advocate that
people should try several pumps before choosing. > > >I don't know what
the statistics are - It would be interesting to find > >out what they are
though, rather than relying on anecdotal evidence from > >this list. >
>Why would that be interesting? If 8 out of 10 people prefer Ford
Fiestas, >does that imply everyone should drive a Ford Fiesta? I don't
think so. > >John > >-- >mailto:email @ redacted