[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #517 pump supplies minimed

Hi Fiona,

Are you saying that with the Paradigm you can up/down by a percentage
(as with the disetronic) or are you, as with the 506, stuck with 'one
up, one down or one constant for a length of time).

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, don't get me wrong - I'd lie and cheat and walk the
streets at King's Cross to keep my pump - I just want perfection!)

 In message <000b01c38ca6$9ef4a9c0$email @ redacted>, fiona.stoate
<email @ redacted> writes
>I've been on minimed paradigm pump for 3 months and I have to say I really
>love it.  the nurse was great and although I didn't really need to contact
>her, could do so if needed.  My supplies arrrive within days of ordering and
>so far no problems.  It is a shame the waterproof side of things is no
>longer guaranteed.  I did swim in the sea two or three times before the any
>pump problems had been reported.  It is so small I could slip it in costume
>between boobs or under arm.  Luckily it was okay and it will be a nuisance
>having to disconnect when swimming now.  I find temporary basal rate changes
>suit me as I can up or down it as level of activity changes, exercise stress
>etc. for as long as I want.  The variable rate during day and night suit me
>and I can use a different patttern for night duty shifts etc.  Great!!
>Fiona Type 1 36 yrs

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)