Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou

>If there are 20 people using Disetronic, and 18 like it and 2 don't, and
>100 people using Minimed, and 18 like it, and 72 don't, which pump would
>you recommend to a friend?

Well, I wouldn't recommend anything to a friend. The friend might be one
the 18/20 who like Disetronic, or one of the 72/100 who don't like the
MiniMed. I cannot know. I cannot predict. Everyone's individual opinion is
valid. That's why we should each find out for ourselves which pump suits
our own lifestyle better. I found it curious that someone's hospital were
going to chose the pump and model for them. The hospital is not going to be
attached to the pump nearly 24 hours a day for the next 10 years. That
honour lies with the patient. If the patient prefers the angles on the
cover of one pump, or the feel of the buttons on another, that is their own
personal preference. A hospital shouldn't, I believe, impose such
decisions. Help guide the patient, yes - but ultimately let the patient
choose. I advocate that people should try several pumps before choosing.

>I don't know what the statistics are - It would be interesting to find
>out what they are though, rather than relying on anecdotal evidence from
>this list.

Why would that be interesting? If 8 out of 10 people prefer Ford Fiestas,
does that imply everyone should drive a Ford Fiesta? I don't think so.

mailto:email @ redacted