[IPk] Water Resistence Paradigm

 Following some earlier comments with regard to the Meditronic Paradigm pump
water resistence , I found this extract from ther site.Apologies to those that
may have seen it before but I am new to the pump World.
Re: Information Regarding Use of Paradigm 511 and 512 Insulin Pumps in Water

Dear Paradigm Insulin Infusion Pump User:

 As part of Medtronic MiniMeds ongoing quality improvement process, we
continually monitor product performance in order to provide the best possible
experience for our customers. This summer, as more people are participating in
water activities, we are seeing an increased incidence of Paradigm pumps turning
off due to water entering the pump. In addition, some pumps are unable to detect
the reservoir during priming as a result of water ingress. We are therefore
recommending that you do not submerge
your Paradigm Model 511 or Model 512 insulin pump in water.

 We do realize that pumps get wet from time to time. To that end, you can feel
comfortable that your Paradigm pump can be splashed or briefly dunked in water.
However, we recommend against submerging your Paradigm pump for swimming and
other water activities. Should you inadvertently submerge your Paradigm pump in
water, please dry the pump and verify it is working properly by selecting self
test from the pumps utility menu. If the pump turns off due to water damage,
this will be apparent to you because the pumps screen will go blank and the
pump will not respond to button presses. Should this occur, please check your
blood glucose, treat any high blood glucose with an injection, and contact us.