Re: [IPk] New Pump which one is best!!

email @ redacted writes:

> I have recently purchased a Paradigm Meditronic pump, I have been using
> this
> unit for 1o days and counting.Just love to hear from other pump users and
> their
> early day experiences..I live in the Midlands and have had type 1 for 37
> years..
> regards

I purchased the Minimed 508 in November 2002 because it was the latest one
available in the UK at the time.  I bought it for my daughter who is now 9
old and she absolutely loves wearing it compared to having injections.  She
says she doesn't feel diabetic anymore because she has freedom to miss meals
she wants and eat inbetween meals and we carb count to allow for things that
she couldn't have when she was on injections.

Have you asked your household insurance to cover your pump?  If not, you need
to.  I think our premium increased by #20 or #24 per year but it means if it
is dropped and smashes or whatever, you could claim for it.  You never know,
someone might think it is a means of communicating with the aliens and try to
steal it in the street!  You never know these days.

Type 1 for 30 years, now on Lantus
Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping