Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou

Interesting to note that there are different opinions with regard to the
pumps available.

I have recently gone for the Meditronic Paradigm, 10 days and counting,I
find the menu fairly easy to use but still getting my carb count is a

I am hoping to set up a pump user group for the midlands area, so if
there any other pumps users in the location let me know.

I would also be interested in feedback on how people find the pump being
a new user.

cheers Tony

email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:30:50 +0200 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or
more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can
continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > >I wonder
if the person who is so fed up with the Disetronic pump could > >swap
with me? I would prefer the Disetronic, even if the service is as > >bad,
because I would find the ability to set the basal pattern (as > >opposed
to flat rate) temporarily higher or lower. > >So it seems we break into 4
groups: >* Those who use Disetronic pumps, and like Disetronic. >* Those
who use Disetronic pumps, and hate Disetronic. >* Those who use MiniMed
pumps, and like MiniMed. >* Those who use MiniMed pumps, and hate
MiniMed. > >Take your choice :-) > >A British friend of mine who also
happened to be living in Germany, was put >on a MiniMed 508 pump, and had
such appalling problems both with the pump >and with MiniMed's German
office that she gave up and is now on a >Disetronic pump (and living back
in England). > >And a Canadian friend tells me Disetronic pumps are no
longer being sold in >Canada due to safety problems. But there are a lot
more pump manufacturers >licenced to sell pumps in America - quick look
at the Insulin Pumpers US >website shows Animas, Dana Diabecare, Deltec
Cozmo, Disetronic, Medtronic >MiniMed and Nipro Amigo. I believe only
MiniMed and Disetronic sell pumps >in the UK, since you need a proper
support network set up in order to enter >a market. Perhaps there's a
nice business opportunity waiting for someone >there... > >John > >--