[IPk] Dentist drama

Sigh. Yet more health dramas in the Neale household. Got back from Lucerne
late Thursday night - about half past midnight. Terrible aches and pains
right hand side of my head. Earache? Toothache? Throat infection? Revenge
of my brain tumour? Couldn't really tell. Certainly couldn't sleep and
spent most of the night pacing around downstairs and got to sleep about
6am. Next day - public holiday (tage des Deutches Einheit - celebrating the
reunion in 1989 was it?). So all doctors were closed. But by morning I felt
better, so I put it all behind me. Friday night/Saturday morning, same
again. Pain, little sleep, gone by morning. Saturday night much worse, and
Sunday morning the pain was still there. This was the moment I decided I
had to do something. My wife, Julia, rang the university hospital that had
done my brain tumour last year, and a doctor there rang me back to give me
a little telephone interview. He wasn't unduly concerned, but felt I should
pop into the clinic the next morning (Monday) to be checked over (I'd
finished a chemotherapy course 2 weeks ago, so there is plenty that can be
going wrong with me, if you follow). And the headaches were suspiciously
similar to those I had ignored 18 months ago, and which turned out to be a
brain tumour. But by Monday the pain had receded and was definitely based
in a tooth in my mouth (lower right 7). The clinic poked and prodded me,
found nothing wrong, and I then visited the dentist on the way home. Was
seen within the hour, which isn't bad when you just walk in off the street.
He xrayed everything, and agreed that LR7 needed filling (refilling
actually - all my back teeth are filled). So I went back today for a root
filling, and have just got home. I'm still dribbling from the right hand
side of my mouth, having been injected with every imaginable pain killer.
And I can't eat till all the feeling returns, lest I chew my tongue. That
will be about 8pm tonight. Thank goodness for the insulin pump :-)

mailto:email @ redacted