Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou

>I wonder if the person who is so fed up with the Disetronic pump could
>swap with me?  I would prefer the Disetronic, even if the service is as
>bad, because I would find the ability to set the basal pattern (as
>opposed to flat rate) temporarily higher or lower.

So it seems we break into 4 groups:
* Those who use Disetronic pumps, and like Disetronic.
* Those who use Disetronic pumps, and hate Disetronic.
* Those who use MiniMed pumps, and like MiniMed.
* Those who use MiniMed pumps, and hate MiniMed.

Take your choice :-)

A British friend of mine who also happened to be living in Germany, was put
on a MiniMed 508 pump, and had such appalling problems both with the pump
and with MiniMed's German office that she gave up and is now on a
Disetronic pump (and living back in England).

And a Canadian friend tells me Disetronic pumps are no longer being sold in
Canada due to safety problems. But there are a lot more pump manufacturers
licenced to sell pumps in America - quick look at the Insulin Pumpers US
website shows Animas, Dana Diabecare, Deltec Cozmo, Disetronic, Medtronic
MiniMed and Nipro Amigo. I believe only MiniMed and Disetronic sell pumps
in the UK, since you need a proper support network set up in order to enter
a market. Perhaps there's a nice business opportunity waiting for someone

mailto:email @ redacted