Re: [IPk] Pump latest and thankyou

And on the ongoing failures of Medtronic side:

Third order for batteries has failed to arrive.....

Of course, they may be waiting for me at work (the place where supplies
are usually delivered), despite me asking for them to be sent to home.

I wonder if the person who is so fed up with the Disetronic pump could
swap with me?  I would prefer the Disetronic, even if the service is as
bad, because I would find the ability to set the basal pattern (as
opposed to flat rate) temporarily higher or lower.

But to echo what someone said earlier; _any_ pump is so much better than
no pump.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

In message <email @ redacted>, Karen Kruzycka
<email @ redacted> writes
>On Friday 03 Oct 2003 22:26, Graham Ford wrote:
>> Hi Helen,
>> I'm really surprised to hear about the negative experiences your clinic and
>> your fellow pumper have had with Disetronic. I've got nothing but good to
>> say about the company and its staff in the 6 months since I started making
>> enquiries about a pump, through to pump training and support afterwards.
>I'd like to echo what Graham has said here. Disetronic's customer service has
>always been excellent, in my experience. Staff are helpful without exception,
>and supplies arrive promptly.
>As a caveat to the above, I should say that I've not really called on
>Disetronic much since the Roche takeover. I have been worried that the
>changes may have affected their level of customer care, so I've been
>reserving judgement for the moment. I ordered the next six months' worth of
>supplies from my PCT yesterday, so we'll see how quickly they arrive.
>(Chatting to the person who orders pump supplies for the PCT, she seemed very
>happy with Disetronic's service, including post-takeover.) I also needed to
>phone John Hughes for advice today: he was as helpful as ever.
>I'll report back when my supplies have arrived. But, for the moment, I'm a
>very happy Disetronic customer.

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)