[IPk] Addisons and tests

Me again!
Had my annual MOT today at the diabetes clinic. Mentioned that I'd had
 problems with my BP dropping on standing, plus all my other fatigue, etc. It
 suggested i may have Addisons disease and I have to have a test to see if this
the case. Have to wait as a letter has to be snet to the endo guy at this
hospital and then he orders the test. ACTH stimulation test. Just a
query...anyone had this done? Any side effects etc?
Another thing that annoyed me...had my HBA1 done a while back...as usual path
lab not sent the results to ther rtght place! But my GP had recd a copy and
the receptionist told me it had been 9. Now, despite not good control lately,
this was high for me. I worried about this and upped my glargine thus causing
hypos early am...but better than being high! On phoning the path lab the cons
said the test (same date, everything, ) was 7.2!!!!!!!!
I now intend to phone my docs on Monday and ask what is going on!