[IPk] Pump latest and thankyou

Thanks to those who replied to my mail 'back-again' yesterday! It helps so
much to have first-hand experiences!
Had my appt with the diabetes clinic today. Upshot is, they've had problems
with Disetronic lately. (Another lady, the only other pump user in this area,
has used Disetronic but has had a run of problems, bad service, pump
 malfunction, supplies problems, plus the PCT have not been able to get the reps
 visit, etc, etc). The cons said it used to be OK with this firm, but just
seems to have gone downhill. So now, the team and the DSN's are meeting with
 Minimed on the 13th October to choose a pump, etc. Apparently there are going
be two of us going onto pumping at the same time, plus the exisiting user who
will transfer to Minimed as she is so unhappy with Disetronic. I asked if I
could go along and choose a pump(!) but no, it was just for the health
 professionals. Then the DSN is going to contact me as soon as the goods come
basically. Sorry to be a bit slow here, (I have been off list for a while) but
has anyone else had problems with Disetronic? It all sounds a bit ominous!
Other things happened in this visit...another mail about that follows!
BW Helen