Re: [IPk] rant

I have forwarded your mail to my sister, who's applying to medical
school this term (as a mature student - she's 23).  If it helps turn
out one more well-informed doctor...

She's not diabetic, but she's learned a fair amount about it from
watching me get to grips with it since my diagnosis last year (I'm the
only one in the family).  A few months ago she asked me to help her
swot up on diabetes so she could persuade a diabetologist to let her
shadow him for a day.  I'm really proud of how serious she is about
this career change (she is currently doing biology and chemistry A
levels by distance learning in the evenings) and it is certainly
different from her original career (advertising)!  I just hope she
makes it through the admissions process.

(switched to Lantus and Novorapid 2 weeks ago and amazed at how many
normal levels I'm getting)