[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #514

Having another child

Only you can make that decision.  I am one who developed diabetes T1 at the
age of 12.  I had never heard of it before, no one anywhere in the family
has it and |I have 3  children almost grown up who don't have it.  Although
it is a real nuisance I am glad I am here and do feel I have been a useful
member of society!  So if you do decide, whether or not they have diabetes
will make them no less important in this world.

Starting Pump Therapy

I started  2 months ago.  Within 24hours I was in charge in an intensive
care environment, no one suggested I needed time off.  I also drove as soon
as I had gotten attached to the pump under the supervision of the pump
company nurse.
Follow up - mine is abysmal and I hope is not happening elsewhere.  the
consultant who I've seen for years but admittedly is not a pump expert at
all, is fighting with the trust and working to rule on his clinics as an
assisstant won't be appointed.  It means he has a huge backlog of GP
referrals and my annual review  due in July03 looks like it is backlogged to
March to May next year!! So I have not been seen at all since starting the
pump.  My GP says I am too complicated for him and I need to push for an
early appointment or he will refer me out of  area.  Maybe that would be the
best thing but what a hastle just to get important monitoring!!  I've done
my HBA1c and that is fine but it would have been useful to talk things
through with someone.