Re: [IPk] diabetes and siblings - any risk?

Yes: the right treatment and the right support are the key elements. If
family, school, social network and later employment are supportive and the
right treatment is given in order to fit daibetes into your life and not the
other way round then the impact on quality of lie is not too great
Sadly this is not always the case. I sometimes forget how dreadful I felt
before the pump. Th clinic I attended still had alot of people on  archaic
regimens and thought the answerto my problems might be going back to a twice
daily premix, and implied that it was wrong to alter your own dose. What
might it have been like if I was in low paid work and unable to afford pump/
refused permission to test blood/ inject / eat etc in working hours...and
accused of being irresponsible about my health if I was reluctant to cut
down on work and employment....
Diabetes doesn't necessarily reduce your quality of