Re: [IPk] home HbA1c test kit

That's horrendous. Why don't you write to your MP and explain how the
hospital is forcing a CHILD to spend 2 hrs out of school unnecessarily
and endure pain which is easily avoidable?  If I were the hospital, I'd
discover an 'administrative error' and that your son had been supposed
to go to the child clinic to have his hba1c's read!

Best wishes,

In message <email @ redacted>, no im not telling
no no no <email @ redacted> writes
>Hi  all,
>Jamie tried one of these (2 now) several months ago, harder to use than BG
>meter, bit fiddly, but OK, have to make sure you drop in right amount of
>drops from solution or the results wouldn't be right. Think the results were
>near his next HbAic hospital test (within 0.3%), so it was useful  we were
>worried at time as he was not allowed to childrens clinic anymore being 12
>years old, and he refused to go back to the 2 hour waiting queque for the
>adult blood room, where they take blood from your arm, and do not have
>access to the finger prick machine.
>Its quite expensive, #16.90 I think, so we wouldn't use it all the time;
>trying to find another hospital, but you've heard the one about the
>(How did you manage to get your son on a pump, we know nothing about this??)
>Cheers, still fighting
>Debbie, mum to Jamie, now 13 year old adult !
>Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)