Re: [IPk] back again

Hi Helen,

When I was considering going on a pump I could choose which pump I wanted.
The DSN at my clinic (who has been trained in pump use) gave me brief
information about each pump and suggested I contact the appropriate
representative for each pump company and arrange to see both of them, ask
all the questions I wanted, and then make my choice. I did that and am very
glad that things worked out this way.

With regard to aftercare, I still contact my pump trainer. I think that is
great because you have already built up a relationship with that person -
they know something about your background, your domestic and any work
situation, and so on, so give you specific advice. I have had to go to my
clinic to let them know how things are going, confirm up to date basal
levels, insulin:carb ratios and so on, but that is simply because they would
be the contact point in any emergency.

I am interested to read that your DSNs will be responsible for your care. I
wonder if that is general diabetes care or all (i.e. including pump) care?
Could this be the way one company is moving? I'll try to find out.

All the best as you explore your options. Going onto a pump is quite hard
work, but you'll gain tremendously from it.

Best wishes,