[IPk] back again

I'm back on this list after a few weeks away for holidays, etc. Just trying
to catch up with various digest posts.
I received a letter over the summer saying I had been given funding for a
pump.:-))) (I am the only pumper in my area). I am due to have a check-up with
the consultant this Friday and kind of hoped that I would find out a bit more
then. But I happened to run into, whilst at another appt, both DSN's from the
local hospital here in Barrow last week. They both told me that they have been
invited to a training day by the pump company involved (I don't know who that
is yet) on the 13th October and that they will then be responsible for my care
from then on. At the moment, I have to travel. Same PCT, but hospital is a
 distance away from our local one due to no diabetes consultant/clinic here at
present time. They also told me they had been to one 'day' and were asked to
choose from two or three pumps which were shown to them. One has been chosen.
But again, I don't know which one or which company is involved. Hopefully I'll
find out on Friday.
Is this the way things are normally done? Or has anyone who has been funded
been given a choice of company/pump? I know in the past, the PCT have always
given out certain manufacturers pens with no choice available. I was also told
that I may need to take time off work (I only work 2 hrs each evening, but
 alone) and that the insurers may not cover me to drive whilst I am having the
set up. The driving is a major problem as I have two kids to get to a school
some distance away with no public transport near to it, plus I have
 CFS/Arthritis and walking is a no go. Hubby works full time and cannot get time
 There is no one else. Anyone any experience? Sorry to sound panicky! Just need
get all these things sorted before I get the pump!
BW Helen 28 yrs Type 1