>From a personal point of view, I would agree with you. Diabetes is treatable
and whilst childhood with diabetes can be a bit of a trauma, it's probably
worth it in the end. Diabetes doesn't necessarily reduce your quality of
life in childhood or at any other time and with the right treatment you can
expect a long and healthy life too. Obviously you need to come to an
agreement with your husband. What exactly are his concerns?
DM1 7y, 508 9months (reduced my HbA1c by 2% from my pre-pump level :) )

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of email @ redacted
Sent: 01 October 2003 16:51
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] diabetes and siblings - any risk?

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a dilemma, and I am also looking for some advice.

As some of you on this list know, I have a son Sam (4=) who has been
since he was 17mths old.

My husband and I have been talking about having another baby, but we are
concerned about the risks of the baby going on to develop diabetes like Sam.
have no history of diabetes in our family.

My husband is so concerned about it, he is very reluctant to have anymore
children, whereas, I am ok with the situation.

I was wondering if any of you had a first child with diabetes, and have gone
on to have more children without problem? and what are the risks?

Some feedback would be much appreciated.  I really dont know what to do.

Mum to Sam (4=) wife to Steve