[IPk] diabetes and siblings - any risk?

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a dilemma, and I am also looking for some advice.

As some of you on this list know, I have a son Sam (4=) who has been diabetic
since he was 17mths old.

My husband and I have been talking about having another baby, but we are
concerned about the risks of the baby going on to develop diabetes like Sam.
have no history of diabetes in our family.

My husband is so concerned about it, he is very reluctant to have anymore
children, whereas, I am ok with the situation.

I was wondering if any of you had a first child with diabetes, and have gone
on to have more children without problem? and what are the risks?

Some feedback would be much appreciated.  I really dont know what to do.

Mum to Sam (4=) wife to Steve