[IPk] home HbA1c test kit

Hi  all,
Jamie tried one of these (2 now) several months ago, harder to use than BG
meter, bit fiddly, but OK, have to make sure you drop in right amount of
drops from solution or the results wouldn't be right. Think the results were
near his next HbAic hospital test (within 0.3%), so it was useful  we were
worried at time as he was not allowed to childrens clinic anymore being 12
years old, and he refused to go back to the 2 hour waiting queque for the
adult blood room, where they take blood from your arm, and do not have
access to the finger prick machine.
Its quite expensive, #16.90 I think, so we wouldn't use it all the time;
trying to find another hospital, but you've heard the one about the
(How did you manage to get your son on a pump, we know nothing about this??)
Cheers, still fighting
Debbie, mum to Jamie, now 13 year old adult !