Re: [IPk] Remembering to refill/pump reset (2)

In message <email @ redacted>,
Jackie Jacombs <email @ redacted> writes
> I suppose it might depend on how often you change them. You can do temporary
>changes cant you.?

Yes and no.  You can set a 'temporary basal rate'.  With a disetronic
pump, this is a percentage your basal pattern, with a minimed pump, it's
a unit-per-hour rate.

You also can set one alternative basal pattern (with a disetronic) or
two alternatives (with a minimed).

The trouble is that with the changing of the seasons, etc. etc. one
discovers that one needs to start decreasing earlier or later, that the
rate needs to be a little higher or lower at 2am, and so on.  Before one
knows it, one has a slightly different pattern and alternative
pattern(s) to the one one had the year before.  Because it's all done
experimentally (oh, I'm running high late afternoons, consistently,
let's up that rate 0.1 p/h ...) one never gets to a point where you
think 'yup, I've got it nailed down now, must go and update my record of
my basals'.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, basal rates written down six months ago ... fairly sure
they haven't changed _that_ much)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)