[IPk] Danielle's site change

Hello everyone

I was very proud to watch Danielle change her infusion site tonight herself.
She has taken it out of the area just above her bottom and inserted a new one
into her abdomen without any fuss at all.  I walked out of the room and left
her Dad watching it while I became all sterile and inserted a new bottle of
saline into the pump.  I expected to walk back into the living room and find
tears.  Instead, she said "It's done and I'm going to bed now".  Unbelievable
or what?

I am interested to know if anyone else manually inserts the smaller sets
(sof-sets).  Pat mentioned that they can be done manually and I was told
different.  Danielle originally wanted the smaller one (as we all would) but
was put off by the device that inserts it.  We were told that it was not
recommended that the sof-sets are inserted manually but if they can be, I
think we would give that a try.

Actually Rhoda, which one did you start off with the other day?

Barbara W