[IPk] Re: Jo & Sam

In a message dated 30/10/2002 14:02:04 GMT Standard Time, email @ redacted

> His playschool leader thinks because he is diabetic maybe he looks more pale
> in the face.  I sit and stare at him sometimes, thinking if there is
> anything
> more sinister going on, but he is a lively little chap and im sure i have
> no
> reason to worry, but she has mentioned this on one or two occassions now
> and
> i am a little worried.

Hello Jo

Every time I collect Danielle from ballet, the teacher says "Ooh she's
looking pale tonight, is she ok?".  Last week, the dance teacher gave her
half a small bottle of lucozade because she said she looked pale.  When she
came home her BG was 27.  Anyway, the same teacher has said on many occasions
"I was worried about Danielle looking pale today" but I just thank them for
their concern and ask her if she is ok in herself and she usually is.  I
don't think it's anything to worry about.  It might be that they are so aware
that the child has an illness and they feel they should comment.  I'm not

Barbara W