[IPk] Re: Steve Miles' daughter

In a message dated 30/10/2002 14:02:04 GMT Standard Time, email @ redacted

> My name is Steve Miles. I am a district nurse and also have a 20 year old
> daughter with diabetes. I want to find out all I can to help her get some
> control back in her life.

Hello Steve

How long has your daughter been diabetic?  I would imagine from your message
that she is fairly newly diagnosed and out of control or not properly settled

I have been diabetic for 29 years with no problems and I am on insulin
injections.  My daughter aged 8 was diagnosed a year ago and is just about to
come off injections and start a pump trial.  Her blood sugars have never been
stable so we are trying this method in the hope that it brings back quality
of life and changes her moods!  Is this something your daughter suffers with
or you for that matter?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Barbara W