[IPk] Blood Glucose monitoring

Just a query, I normally test between 6-10 times a day and have done pre pump,
my perscription is normally 4 x 50 a month, now my Gp in her ultimate wisdom
has left a tacky post-it note on my perscription saying that i should only
test once or twice a day, according to guidelines, this has got to be bloody
rediculous as I cant manage my diabetes on 2 tests.
  I think pumpers average 6 a day, she has now altered my perscription to 3
boxes every 2 months which averages 2.5 a day. I'm looking for a bit of
support on this one I had a look in your book but it dosn't give a guide on
daily amounts of monitoring.

Best regards

David sayer