RE: [IPk] my son Sam

Jo I shouldnt worry about it.  Sasha and her twin both look pale, they are
both blond but only one is diabetic.  They dont look unhealthy though.
Sasha often looks pale and there is usually nothing wrong when she goes pale
due to a hypo she looks a sort of yellow colour.  It has to be very very low
though for this to happen.

One of my friend's daughters called Claire (not diabetic)  who is now 17
used to look absolutely deathly white and ill most of the time when she was
about 5  to 10 years old.  When she used to come out of school at the end of
the day she looked as if she wouldn't last much longer.  Her skin was looked
quite transparent and you could see blue veins showing though.  Today she is
a picture of health with glowing skin and doesn't look the same person.  Her
little sister often used to look unwell to as the slightest disruption to
her sleep caused her to have dark shadows under the eyes.

I think your playgroup leader is just nervous of not being able to tell if
he is low because he just has a pale complexion.   She will get used to
noticing the signs soon enough.

I also used to worry that maybe Sasha had something else going that was
worse than diabetes for quite a while, but there wasn't.

Jackie
mum of Sasha