RE: [IPk] my son Sam

I'm afraid if I am ever told that someone else in my place of
work, group of friends etc is diabetic and I try to guess
which it is, I always look for the person who is pale and
perhaps weighs slightly more than average and I would say 9
times out of 10 I am right.  I would like to think that I am
pale because I have red hair but all the other diabetics that
I know (including one Asian!) are all on the pale side,
although this is after 20+ years of diabetes.  I have never
thought much about it in terms of cause etc, rather it has
just become an almost unconscious observation!!  As for the
tending to be slightly over-weight part I have fixed that
with the pump now 1.5 stone lighter after 14 months happy

(getting even paler now winter is on the way!!)

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422