Re: [IPk] Latest news after my brain operation

>Not driving is a pain.  I'm not driving at the moment.  My choice I suppose
>but I am not confident about my control.
>Public transport seems to take so much longer but the extra walking has
>improved my fitness.  Are you working at the moment and will not driving be a
>problem for work?

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. Jackie, Beverley, elizabeth, Tony
et al.

Heather -

I work as a freelance classical singer - mainly opera and oratorio - which
is why I moved from Britain to Germany about 7 years ago. This is where the
work is, and the pay here is quite good too. I also do a lot of computer
work on the side. The pay there can be very good, but I do not enjoy it so

My singing diary is currently rather empty... which means I've not had to
actually cancel anything over the last 2 months of fairly serious illness.
I've got a big concert at Christmas, tenor soloist in Saint-Seans'
Christmas Oratorio. Pay is good. So that's something to work towards.

In the meantime, public transport is very good here. Trams, buses, trains,
taxi, walking, bikes, hire-cars etc. And I don't even own a car - I just
hire one when needed. But being denied use of my lovely bike is still
pissing me off somewhat. There we are.

mailto:email @ redacted