Re: [IPk] Charlie Dalton

Hi Barbara
He can insert it in his thigh, arm, stomach (upper and lower), hip,
buttock....basically anywhere you can do an injection. However, some sites
may be less reliable than others. I've tried arms and legs a few times and
never had much success as the insulin doesn't seem to get absorbed properly.
In the buttock area I find that I need to make sure I do some form of
exercise involving that muscle group in the following few hours, in order to
"get things going" - sounds weird, but I guess increased blood flow to the
area helps to get the insulin absorbed properly. After that it's fine for the
next couple of days.
There are some pictures on the IP-UK website of places you can insert a site,
and some useful tips:
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/infusionsets/

Hope that helps
Di