Re: [IPk] queries already and not started on pump yet!

In a message dated 10/20/2002 9:51:26 AM GMT Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Mary Leonard said she'd had problems re allergic reactions initially on
> pumping.

Hi Rhoda,
Just thought I'd expand on this.  I use Sofsets, which have adhesive "wings",
and then use the two adhesive dressings supplied to secure the site.  I had
problems with allergic reactions to all three initially!! - these mostly
settled after several months.  I still have a badly scarred abdomen.  But
then I am someone who is allergic to many things, including Micropore (a
pretty good tape, excellent adhesive properties, supposedly hypoallergenic).
I would suggest waiting a while to see if things settle down, unless they're
intolerable.  There are plenty of alternatives.  Please feel free to mail me
off list if you want to.