From: "Lesley Jordan" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 8:34 PM
Subject: [IPk] Infusion set replacement

> Hi everyone
>
> "Pumping Insulin" recommends that pumpers should keep regular days for
changing their infusion sets etc, eg every Sunday and Wednesday.

> I have 3 questions to ask everyone:
>
> do you keep regular days for changing?
>
> if so, do you therefore use one of your infusion sets for 4 days?
>
> One cartridge will not last me for 3 infusion sets (9 days) but isn't
quite finished after 7 days, so I can either waste maybe 20 units of insulin
in the cartridge and change it routinely every week, or waste a day or two's
worth of infusion set usage by having to change it early because the
cartridge has run out.  What do you do?