RE: [IPk] Infusion set replacement

Hi Lesley,

I recommend following the instructions you are given by the 'professionals'
until you feel truly comfortable doing anything different. Like most things,
pumping becomes second-nature after a while, but at first one really needs
someone to specify the hows and whys. After over six years of pumping, I do
basically whatever I think I need to do. That can mean changing a set 5
hours or 5 days after insertion (I have figured out how to tell pretty near
exactly when a set must be changed or else), reusing tubing for a third time
(I use Tender sets), or reusing a reservoir syringe until all the numbers
have rubbed off (for real). I have not done the 'change right down the line'
thing on a regular basis in at least three years. With time and experience
you will figure out what works for you. 'Till then, it's probably best to do
what you're 'supposed' to about sets and stuff.

IDDM 8+ years; MiniMed pumper 6+ years; 'I'll do it my way, thank you very
much....' c.21 years

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.