Re: [IPk] Infusion set replacement

In a message dated 10/19/2002 10:04:19 AM GMT Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Hi all,

> The frequency (as opposed to the regularity) depends on what you were
> told to do.
That's part of it, and advice is based on the fact that if you leave a site
in place for too long you're more likely to have problems with infection,
irritation and future absorption.  You don't have to adhere to the advice! -
it is just advice, and you have to experiment to find what suits you.  For
some, two days is the max; I'm fine with three to four days, so change twice
a week (and that gives me the flexibility I need because it doesn't HAVE to
be on a particular day).  When I first started pumping I had to change the
site every other day, mainly because of allergic reactions, but they
eventually settled down.  On occasion I've had to go five days with the same
site, I wouldn't recommend it (though it may suit some) but didn't have any
problems afterwards.

IDDM 30+, pumper 23m