RE: [IPk] Carb counting

Hi Pat

I was diagnosed in 1968.  I remember 10g CHO being one "line" - I was finally
persuaded to give up carb counting and "eat healthily" only a couple of years
ago.  Now I'm on a pump to get better control - and hey presto! carb counting
again.  I kind of followed a DAFNE regime right from when I switched to 4
injections a day, even when I wasn't consciously carb counting.  However, now
I'm on a pump, its so much easier to match insulin to carbs and get good BG
results!  How on earth did I think I could get stable BGs on 4 vaguely
variable injections and "not carb counting"?

I still think in "lines" though!

IDDM 34 years, D-Tron 3 weeks