Hi john

Sasha has been put on an infusion pump/syringe thingy  in hospital twice.
Once last year when she had her biopsy for coeliac. Only for a few hours.
They nurses didn't know how to work it and kept asking us!!! what we thought
was the right level???? They had to reset in several times as they couldn't
work out how much insulin was being delivered, it was an infusion into a
canular in her hand into a vein.  They sent her hypo just before the
procedure.  Fortunately I spotted that she was going low.   Is this the sort
of thing they are looking for.  She has been on another time about 2 years
ago for about 4 days when she was too ill too eat and was just very poorly.
She was OK then although they still had to stop start and change the % of
glucose in a drip too when she when too low or high.  A bit hit and miss but
not  a disaster.

Is this the sort of thing you mean or is this too brief a time maybe?

mum of Sasha