Re: [IPk] my response to the DAFNE trial published in the BMJ

Hi Nanette ...

You are, I think, pointing out that long acting insulins are bad at
dealing with basal rates that change from day to day: that is, there is
no 'regular daily insulin requirement' for it to match, just 'irregular'

I didn't know I had 'irregular daily insulin requirements' (25 to 40
units a day!) - only fine tuning on the pump has let me see that.  I
knew I had requirements which were very different at ten in the morning
and five in the afternoon - and they remain different whether I'm having
11 units as basal or 22.  I know what you mean by those hypos - at least
you weren't told you were lying because you had to eat continually
(without injecting!) between 5pm and 8pm to avoid hypos.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)