From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Karen Hanna Kruzycka
Sent: 14 October 2002 23:47
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] RE: Disetronic Problems

At 23:36 14/10/2002 +0100, Duncan wrote:

>This was not a normal incident where consumables needed to be ordered, this
>was me left without my pump working for no apparent fault on my part. I
>would agree with the point made that consumables always arrive next day and
>this is a very good service but...after trying both numbers given to me by
>Disetronic I was unable to contact them. I did end up switching to
>injections for
>a couple of days but would obviously of preferred not to.

It does indeed sound very scary. I do appreciate that the way Disetronic
works - picking up messages rather than having someone there to take your
call - is not what you'd first expect. However they've said that when you
might be hard to reach, you should borrow a pump, and that seems to be a
fair alternative. In fact I owe you a debt of gratitude, Duncan, because
without your posts on this subject I would never have picked up on the
problem, and wouldn't have heard about the pump loans. I now fully intend
to take advantage of this offer when in the US next year, and possibly when
horseriding in the wilds of Shropshire next month. :)

Many thanks,

Karen