From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Pat Reynolds
Sent: 14 October 2002 06:53
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Re: Disetronic Pump Problems

It boils down to statistics.

Is the sample of pump users who are active writers to this group
representative of the whole population of pump users? (I'd guess we are,
for the purposes of this question)

Is the world split equal between D and M users?  (I'd guess not.  We
need to know what % are D and what % M before we can say that 1 person
with a bad experience of D is more, or less, than would be expected,
given that a number of people complained about M.  For example, if 30%
of people use D, and  7 complained about M, then we would expect 3 to
complain about D.

Is the number of people who complained (in total) large enough?  I don't
know.  These things don't work so well with very small numbers.  Let us
hope that we don't get the large number to play with!

Best wishes to all,

Pat
(dm 30+, 508 1+)
--