[IPk] NICE brought forward

I'm pleased to hear this Mary
are things really looking good ?
I'm sure that even if no approval is given this time, it will be eventually
Certain other treatments have been approved even with very little evidence of
benefit due to pressure groups and the like
I agree there should be a selection criteria
I wonder what this would be : ? HbA1c unable to be lowered below x% without
intolerable frequency of hypos? Or would people undertake some DAFNE style
education first with glargine or 2 or more long acting injections?, and be
approved for pump if control was still suboptimal. The latter would certainly
provide the best foundation for use of a pump. I wonder what time scale would
be involved. I think the shortage of DSNs and consultants would present a
barrier surely, and this is a situation that would not be rapidly rectified,
although I understand that more and more DSNs are being pump trained. Any room
for medics who work part time in other areas, with an interest, to get