Re: [IPk] my response to the DAFNE trial published in the BMJ

Hi Bev
> Sure most of those applied to me but as I always varied my
> insulin with what I ate (including splitting injections when
> required) and gave correction injections when required there
> is not much difference apart from the variable basal rates.
> I do like being able to suspend the pump when blood sugars a
> re low rather than having to eat but then you are not
> supposed to do that anyway!!!

That's fair enough then. For me these things are quite important, but then I
do lead a very unpredictable lifestyle! And my eating habits are very
haphazard. On MDI I would vary my insulin and give correction injections etc,
but it is a whole lot easier with a pump. I use the temp basal rate and
suspend facilities a lot - especially for exercise - which is something you
can't do on MDI!

> Don't get me wrong I am a commited and grateful pumper (MDI
> did not work for me) but that doesn't mean that sometimes it
> isn't a pain to be connected to a pump (currently wearing
> close-fitting trousers and close-fitting top with noticeable
> bulge in my pocket!!)

People have got used to seeing me with a bulge in my pocket (or my bra!) so
it doesn't bother me too much now!