RE: [IPk] my response to the DAFNE trial published in the BMJ

Hi Di

Sure most of those applied to me but as I always varied my
insulin with what I ate (including splitting injections when
required) and gave correction injections when required there
is not much difference apart from the variable basal rates.
I do like being able to suspend the pump when blood sugars a
re low rather than having to eat but then you are not
supposed to do that anyway!!!

Don't get me wrong I am a commited and grateful pumper (MDI
did not work for me) but that doesn't mean that sometimes it
isn't a pain to be connected to a pump (currently wearing
close-fitting trousers and close-fitting top with noticeable
bulge in my pocket!!)

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader