RE: [IPk] my response to the DAFNE trial published in the BMJ

I think you misunderstood me what I meant was if I had stable
basal rates (ie I did not require different rates throughout
the day and night) then I would prefer MDI.  No one wants to
have a thing connected to them all the time!!  My point was
that there is almost certainly very few people on a pump who
only have one basal rate (which is the closest that you would
get to MDI).

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader