RE: [IPk] my response to the DAFNE trial published in the BMJ

Hi Julian

> Could you clarify what you mean by "stable blood sugars".

I guess by stable blood sugars I mean that mine are now
typically between 4 and 10 during the day and at night I will
typically go to bed with a blood sugar of 6 or 7 and wake up
with one of 4 or 5 - bliss!!  But to do this I have 5
different basal rates programmed in my pump one of which
(between 1 am and 4 am) is more than double most of the
others.  On MDI the variation during the day was similar
(although blood sugars in the high teens after exercise was
common) but at night it would flucuate from 1 to 14 or 15.

Bev

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader