RE: [IPk] my response to the DAFNE trial published in the BMJ

>see pumps as a
> technological "great white hope". In due course that could
> cause a backlash.

I think I've already seen examples in the press viewing pumps in this way.
I'll look out a couple later.

>Not at all I think most pumpers would prefer to be on MDI if
>they had stable basal rates.  If you don't have stable basal
>rates a pump is the only way to ensure both a good HbA1c AND
>stable blood sugars.

Could you clarify what you mean by "stable blood sugars".

Thanks

Julian

>As I have stated previously, on MDI my HbA1c's were always 6.
>something but that was at the expense of severe night time
>hypos (I always felt too low was less damaging than too high
>but it is great now to rarely have either!!).

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422