RE: [IPk] my response to the DAFNE trial published in the BMJ

>see pumps as a
> technological "great white hope". In due course that could
> cause a backlash.

Not at all I think most pumpers would prefer to be on MDI if
they had stable basal rates.  If you don't have stable basal
rates a pump is the only way to ensure both a good HbA1c AND
stable blood sugars.

As I have stated previously, on MDI my HbA1c's were always 6.
something but that was at the expense of severe night time
hypos (I always felt too low was less damaging than too high
but it is great now to rarely have either!!).

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422