Re: [IPk] holidays

In a message dated 10/9/2002 6:43:32 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted
Hi Heather,

> Re your message to Collette - you talk about taking pump supplies in checked
> luggage ie the hold so it may freeze.  Is it OK for the reservoirs and
> infusion sets to freeze?  I just wondered about the reservoirs which have
> sticky stuff on the shaft will this come to any harm?
As you know, you shouldn't put any form of insulin in the hold because
freezing damages its activity.  I have always put all other pump supplies
(except my back up/emergency ones) in the hold, and have never had any
problems resulting from this with either reservoir or infusion set.  Many
lubricants aren't affected by such freezing, but perhaps Medtronic could

IDDM 30+, 508 23m