Re: [IPk] Re: Charlie

In my experience, you tend to feel symptoms when you're at a level you're not
accustomed to.
If you're used to being between 4 and 7, you tend to notice symptoms when you
go up to above say 10, and feel very unwell when your BG is up at 18 or
But if you're used to having BG levels that high, it doesn't feel strange.
And you often feel hypo symptoms when your BG goes down to say, 10, when
clearly you're not actually hypo.
Same goes for lows. If you have a lot of hypos, you often lose your warning
signs, because your body gets used to being low a lot. The solution is to
raise your target BG for a while.
I spent some years with BGs in the teens and I didn't feel any symptoms
unless it went really high, and felt the "false hypos" when it came down to
about 10. But now that my Bgs are usually between about 4 and 8, I feel
distinctly unwell if it goes above 10.